Press Release 7-28-14 – County Fair Orientation

PRESS RELEASE      

Waupaca County UW-Extension – 811 Harding Street, Waupaca, WI  54981

Phone:  (715) 258-6230    FAX:  (715) 258-6232

For Immediate Release . . . July 28, 2014

Waupaca County

Title:   County Fair Orientation for Junior Exhibitors

Author:  Penny Tank, UW-Extension

Entries for the 2014 Waupaca County Fair are in, and the fair is just around the corner!  The County Fair is a great learning experience, but as a new exhibitor, it could be a bit confusing.  First-time exhibitors may often have these kinds of questions; Is there something special I need to do to prepare my exhibit for judging at the County Fair? What day do I need to enter my exhibit? What time does my exhibit need to be at the Youth Building or Fairgrounds? Where do I park? What happens on entry day? Where do I put this entry tag on my exhibit? What is the difference between Danish judging, face-to-face judging and conference judging? When can I pick my exhibit up to take it home? These questions and many more can be answered by attending the Waupaca County Fair Orientation.

If there is a child in your family who has entered the Junior Department of the Waupaca County Fair and you are wondering some of these same questions, come to the County Fair Orientation.  Orientation will be held on Thursday, August 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the Youth Building at the Fairgrounds in Weyauwega.  The purpose of this orientation is to provide parents and youth with information they need to have a positive experience at the Waupaca County Fair, August 20-24.

For information on this and other 4-H and Youth Development activities contact Penny Tank, at the UW-Extension Office, (715) 258-6230, penny.tank@wisc.edu .  The County Fair website is www.waupacacountyfair.org  University of Wisconsin, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Wisconsin counties cooperating.  UW-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming including Title IX and ADA.