Northeast Wisconsin farm managers, Ag lenders and other Ag industry professionals are encouraged to attend the annual UW-Extension Farm Management Update for Ag Professionals on Friday, May 5th at Liberty Hall in Kimberly. Topics to be addressed at the update include:
- Decisions Impacting 2017 Cropping Profitability – Kevin Jarek, Outagamie County UW-Extension Crops & Soils Agent
- Prevalence of Hairy Heel Warts in NE WI Dairy Herds – Aerica Bjurstrom, Kewaunee County UW-Extension Dairy/Livestock Agent
- Grain Marketing: The Year Ahead – Darrell McCauley, Winnebago County UW-Extension Agriculture Agent
- Manure Storage Safety Update: Making Sense of Recent Fatal Events – John Shutske, UW-Madison Extension Farm Safety Specialist & Liz Binversie, Brown County UW-Extension Agriculture Agent
- Making “Cents” with Cover Crops & Soil Health – Jamie Patton, Shawano County UW-Extension Agriculture Agent
- Opportunities & Challenges for Ag Finance – Greg Blonde, Waupaca County UW-Extension Agriculture Agent will lead a panel discussion with: Doug Lund, WI Farm Service Agency Ag Loan Specialist; Dan Gitter, Greenstone FCS, and Dave Kappelman, Denmark State Bank.
Cost, including the noon meal, is $40 per person. Registrations should be sent to the Waupaca County UWEX Office, 811 Harding Street, Waupaca, WI 54981. For more information, or for special any specials needs or accommodations, please call 715-258-6231. The registration deadline is Friday, April 28.