4-H activities are events that happen throughout the year and are offered to suit a variety of ages and interests. Some county-wide 4-H activities include camps, workshops, trips, judging contests, and county fair activities. See the following 4-H Activity Listing for more details on these events!
- Waupaca County 4-H Activity Listing (3 pages, 109 KB) Watch the 4-H Forecast for further details on these exciting, educational opportunities.
2017 UPCOMING 4-H ACTIVITIES:
- 4-H Summer Camp Junior Camp June 9-10 and Intermediate Camp June 29 – July 1, registration due May 15
- Demonstration Contest May 23, registration due May 10
- •4-H New Family Orientation April 27, 2017
- 4-H Family Ice Skating February 19, 2017 – RSVP requested by February 13th
- Super Saturday February 25, 2017 Registration Form – Registrations due February 8th. There have been varying reports on the weather for Friday night and Saturday morning. At this time, Super Saturday will go on as planned. We encourage everybody to take their time, drive safe, and make your own decision on choosing to attend depending on the weather. If you choose not to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Any adjustments to classes will be made as needed on Saturday morning. We look forward to a great day of learning and fun. Thank you, Penny Super Saturday 2017 Evaluation Online Evaluation
- Cloverbud Leader Training, January 14, 2017
Arts & Communications Activities:
4-H offers a variety of projects and activities for members to pursue their individual interests and express their talents. Each spring Waupaca County hosts the 4-H Performing Arts Spectacular and Speaking Contest, which are opportunities that all members can take part in performing and showcasing their arts and communication interests. A statewide study revealed the impact of 4-H arts and communications programs which allow youth to gain communication and teamwork skills. Surveyed 4-H members shared that 4-H helped them improve their individual performance and creativity skills as well as gaining confidence in public speaking. 4-H alumni and older youth members will often reflect on their growth through public speaking experiences, demonstrations, holding officer positions, counselor opportunities, and emceeing events. These opportunities provide to be memorable occasions for members, while also possibly impacting their future career prospects. The Wisconsin State 4-H Website provides further information on statewide opportunities in the arts and communication project area.