No items to display at this time.
What Does the Future Hold ….Education and Careers
- Youth Quest – help you make decisions about educational and career choices
- My Future – what are your options
- What Do You Like – what do you enjoy doing and what are you good at doing
- The Outlook at Occupations – from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- College Questionnaire – a questionnaire to help sort out what each post graduate school offers for you
- College and University Contacts – contacts for many colleges and universities in our state of Wisconsin
- Apprenticeship Programs – programs that can give you hands on experience that could lead to a career for you
- School to Manufacturing – a program that provides a chance to experience careers in manufacturing
- Armed Services – check out the armed service careers and future educational opportunties that might be available to you
- National Service Corps and other Service Opportunities – opportunities and support for future education through national and local service
- Mock Interview Questions Cover Letter – tools to help you prepare for that very important interview
- Resume Samples – how do you tell people about who you are and what your talents are
Business Connections: School to Manufacturing
Walker Forge, Clintonville, contact-Amy Goerlinger, 715-823-6557;
(engineers, equipment operators, technicians, human resource, accountants)
Waupaca County Highway Department, contact-Dean Steingraber, 715-258-7152;
(civil engineers, metal fabricators, equipment operators, office support)
Parent Section and Resources
It is very important that you make site visits to the schools you have interest in attending after high school. Be sure to ask them about financial aid and scholarships directly from their institution that will make it easier for you to attend.
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ – get help paying for college through student loans, free applications available on this site.
http://www2.ed.gov/programs/fpg/index.html – grants are different than loans. check out the Federal Pell Grants and see if you are eligible.
http://www.collegegrad.com/careers/all.shtml – there are many online sites that can help with career choices.
- NuAct-Nutrition and Activity Coalition
- NuActs Latest News: Our blog to keep up with the latest news!
- Clintonville Be The Change
- Manawa Cares
- Marion Area Healthy Community Coalition
- New London Area Healthy Communities/Healthy Youth
- Waupaca Healthy Community/Healthy Youth (youth in governance)
- Weyauwega/Fremont Youth Leadership Council (weyauwega lake project)
- Waupaca County Advisory Committee on Criminal Justice (WCACCJ) – Crime Prevention
- Service Learning … Volunteer Network
- Youth in Governance
- Building Community Together Grant Application
- Kids and Family Health Preparedness for Emergencies
- Adolescent Literacy
- Take It Back-Youth Alcohol Prevention Page
- Parents Who Host Lose Most -Parent Alcohol Prevention Information
- Tobacco Free Coalition-Tobacco Prevention
- Poverty Simulation Resources– Resources for a Better Understanding of Poverty
- Character Education Resources-Educational Resources for Character Development
- Engineering Careers-Project Lead the Way, Gateway Academy Brochure, Gateway Academy Registration
- Net Smartz – technology insight for parents